Benalla Health has a contemporary, surgically clean, double theatre complex where procedures of minor to medium complexity are undertaken. Modern, state of the art equipment is available so that correct diagnoses are made and optimal treatment is delivered.
Medical and nursing staff are highly trained and competent health professionals who are committed to meeting the current and future surgical needs of our local and neighbouring communities.
Approximately 2200 cases per year are safely managed through our operating theatres with high levels of patient satisfaction being achieved.
The theatre complex has attained 100% compliance with Australian Standard AS/NZS4187 audits, and all staff pride themselves on consistently providing a safe, efficient and person-centred service.
Visiting surgeons from as far away as Melbourne work with highly trained GP anaesthetists to provide a range of services inclusive of:
- Ophthalmology (cataract surgery)
- Orthopaedics (arthroscopy, rotator cuff repair, ACL repair)
- General Surgery (hernia repair, vasectomy, laparoscopic cholecystectomy)
- Endoscopy (colonoscopy, gastroscopy)
- Faciomaxillary (removal of wisdom teeth)
- Gynaecology (laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, hysterectomy)
- Urology (cystoscopy, T.U.R.P prostate surgery)
To complement and support our maternity services, theatre staffs also provide a 24 hour on-call service to facilitate emergency obstetric cover.
GP obstetricians perform elective and emergency caesarean sections if necessary and most often this procedure is carried out with the aid of spinal anaesthesia.