Diabetes Care Centre
Benalla Health has recently been approved as a Diabetes Care Centre by the National Association of Diabetes Centres (NADC).
This approval by NADC recognised the high quality work and standard of care that Benalla Community Health provide to people with diabetes within Benalla and its surrounding areas.
The National Association of Diabetes Centres is a national group of Australian Diabetes Centres that provide the highest standard of care to people with diabetes through their Member Centres.
The Benalla Health Diabetes Care Centre is the link between your doctor or specialist and the hospital.
We work closely with your doctor, endocrinologist/physician and other important people, to give you the best possible chance of maintaining great health and avoid complications developing.
What we can help you with
- Managing diabetes (and support when you are struggling)
- Diabetes general information
- Starting insulin
- Joining a diabetes support group
- A blister/cut or wound on your foot that has not healed within two weeks
- Physical activity and healthy eating to improve your diabetes
- Dietary information and support
- Medication information and how to take them correctly
- Feeling sad or stressed by diabetes
It doesn’t matter if you are newly diagnosed or have had diabetes for a long time we are here to help support you and your family and carer throughout the diabetes journey.
For an appointment, phone 5761 4500.
BENALLA HEALTH DIABETES CARE CENTRE TEAM (L to R): Iftu Umar (Accredited Practicing Dietitian); Angela Sussmilch (Registered Nurse with Diploma in Chronic Condition Self Management) - High Risk Foot Clinic; Elise Facey (Podiatriist), Narelle Harvey (Registered Nurse, Credentialed Diabetes Educator); Lauren Whinray