What is Balance Group?
This exercise program is specifically for people who have experienced a fall or are at risk of falls, and do not feel confident with their own balance.
Falls are common in people aged 65 years and older and are the leading cause of injury. A fall can have serious consequences including injury, pain, loss of independence, and reduced confidence to go out in the community.
Balance group is directly supported by a Physiotherapist and Allied Health Assistant. Each person receives their own personal exercise program, and is encouraged to keep this up at home with the aid of an instructive exercise diary.
- To improve your balance, strength and flexibility
- Increase your reaction time
- Decrease your risk of falls and injury
- Enable you to walk with confidence
- Meet other people who are affected by balance problems
- Increase your confidence in carrying out everyday activities
- Comfortable clothing
- Flat shoes
- Your walking Aid
- Glasses and hearing aids (if required)
- Any emergency medications for angina or asthma (if applicable)
Falls Can Be Prevented:
- Safe Home Environment
- Supportive Footwear
- Appropriate Medications
- Wear Your Glasses & Hearing Aids
- Use Your Walking Aid
- Daily Exercises
- A Healthy Diet
- Don’t Take Risks! Plan To Be Safe
AL Berry Day Activity & Therapy Centre, Samaria Rd Benalla
One session per week over 8 weeks consecutive weeks
Support person welcome to attend.
All referrals via Intake Worker on 5761 4500
Staff will discuss fees with you and provide a fee declaration form for you to sign.
No person will be refused due to inability to pay.