Heart Rehabilitation Group is for people who:
- Have medical problems with their heart and blood circulation.
- Are recovering from heart surgery.
- Have long term heart and circulation problems which cause shortness of breath.
You will be exercising and learning about heart health in a small group.
Our team includes:
- Care Coordinator
- Social Worker
- Speech Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Allied Health Assistant
Each person will be set a home exercise program which is very important to carry out at least 5 times per week.
How can Heart Rehabilitation help you?
- Improve your muscle strength.
- Learn how to manage your heart condition & medications.
- Confidence to ask your doctor questions.
- To feel supported and that you are not alone.
- Confidence to get back to doing day to day activities.
- Support to work towards QUIT smoking (if needed).
- You will be connected to a Care Coordinator to help your journey through our program.
- Each person will complete a 6 minute walk test before starting the program.
How much will it cost?
There is a small fee for some of our services. Our staff can talk to you about the cost when you make your first appointment.
All referrals via Intake Worker 5761 4500
Benalla Health, Community Rehabilitation Centre, Samaria Road, Benalla
- Every Monday for 8 weeks
- A Physiotherapist will give you a start date and time
What to bring:
- Your walking aid
- Wear flat enclosed shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Support person welcome
- Emergency medication