Lung Rehabilitation Group is for people who:
- Have medical problems with their lungs.
- Often feel short of breath.
- Can find it difficult to do their day to day activities.
You will be exercising and learning about lung health in a small group.
Our team includes:
- Social Worker
- Speech Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
Each person will be set a home exercise program which is very important to carry out at least 5 times per week.
How can Lung Rehabilitation help you?
- Improve your muscle strength.
- Breathe easier.
- Learn how to manage your lung condition and medications.
- Confidence to ask your doctor questions.
- To feel supported and that you are not alone.
- Confidence to get back to doing day to day activities.
- Supported to work towards QUIT smoking (if needed).
- You will be connected to a Key Worker to help your journey through our program.
- Please let us know if you need to exercise using oxygen.
- Each person will complete a 6 minute walk test before starting the program.
How much will it cost?
There is a small fee for some of our services. Our staff can talk to you about the cost when you make your first appointment.
All referrals via Intake Worker 5761 4500
Benalla Health, Community Rehabilitation Centre, AL Berry Day Activities Centre, Samaria Road, Benalla
- Every Monday for 8 weeks
- A Physiotherapist will give you a start date and time
What to bring:
- Your walking aid
- Wear flat enclosed shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Support person welcome
- Emergency medication