Post Acute Care Program is for people who:
- Have limited supports at home and are leaving hospital.
- Have been a public patient in a public hospital.
- Are a Benalla Rural City resident.
- Need short term supports to help their recovery after leaving hospital.
- Need help to get back to doing their day to day activities.
- Need help to connect to longer term supports (if needed).
How can Post Acute Care help you?
The services that you receive will depend upon:
- Why you have been in hospital.
- Your recovery needs.
- Family supports.
- Other community supports available.
- Home cleaning
- Support to have a shower
- Shop for food
- Wound care
- Transport to medical appointments
- In home respite
- Physiotherapy (Urgent cases only)
- Occupational Therapy (Urgent cases only)
How can you access PAC?
If you know that you are going to need extra support when you go home, talk to the staff involved in your care. They will help you work out your needs and arrange a referral to PAC.
How much will it cost?
Free short term service; however PAC does not cover the cost of any services already in place before you went to hospital.
- Up to 4 weeks after you leave a Public Hospital
- In your home
Who to contact Monday to Friday:
Benalla Community Care reception:
8:30am to 5:00pm
Phone: 03 5761 4500
Fax: 03 5761 4502