Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
The term COPD covers long-term lung conditions characterized by shortness of breath, chronic inflammation and reduced exchange of oxygen.
People with COPD have reduced tolerance for exercise and are at risk of chest infections.
With evidence based information and a supportive environment we can help people with chronic lung conditions to have a better quality of life!
A Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program offering support, guidance and advice is essential.
Breaking the Cycle
If you have COPD or severe Asthma, a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is medically recognized as one of the most effective treatments.
- To manage shortness of breath
- To be active & independent
- To have a better quality of life
- To increase strength and endurance
- To reduce hospital admissions
- To be understood & supported
- To decrease anxiety, panic attacks or episodes of depression
The program involves a team approach from your local Doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, social worker, pharmacist, dietitian, speech pathologist and QUIT smoking educator to help you achieve your goals.
All referrals via Intake Worker 5761 4500
AL Berry Day Activities & Therapy Centre, Samaria Road, Benalla
Every Monday for 8 weeks 9.30am—11.45am
- 9:30am Exercises
- 10:45am Education
- Tea, coffee, water and fruit provided.
- Support person welcome to attend
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Please bring emergency medication e.g. Salbutamol inhaler
Every new client requires an assessment appointment prior to starting the program.
Staff will discuss fees with you and provide a fee declaration form for you to sign.
No person will be refused due to inability to pay.