Community Advisory Committee
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is an opportunity for consumers, carers and our community members in Benalla to provide direction and leadership in relation to the integration of consumer, carer and community views into all levels of health service strategy, operations, planning and policy development.
The CAC is a sub-committee of the Board of Management with 2-3 Board members on the committee, and enables consumer/community views to go to the Board on a variety of issues of importance to the community, consumers and carers.
How often does the CAC meet?
The CAC meets every two months, usually as a morning meeting over one and half hours involving community representatives, Executive members and senior members of the clinical staff at Benalla Health.
Current Board Representatives:
|David Elford - Chair||Dennis O'Brien||Lisa Marta|
Some of our Community Representatives:
Interested in becoming a member?
Membership of the CAC is open to anyone who resides or works within the Benalla municipality or who has family members who have received a service from Benalla Health.
Applicants for the CAC should reflect the diversity of the communities served by Benalla Health. However, members are not sought as “representatives” of consumer or community groups, but as independent community “consultants” and will have a role in consulting with other representative groups.
Commitment to development of consumer and community participation at Benalla Health will be the first requirement. The aim is to attract people who can reflect on and bring an understanding of community perspectives to Benalla Health.
Members will need to:
- Be approachable and available for consultation with community members and consumers;
- Have strong community links and networks;
- Be able to work as part of a team;
- Be flexible and able to step back from personal agendas;
- Be able to address a range of issues from a population/community view not partisan interests;
- Have demonstrated interest in community service;
- Be available to commit sufficient time to participate fully in the work of the committee;
- Commitment to supporting improvements in the quality, appropriateness and accessibility of the services provided by Benalla Health;
- Ability to communicate the needs, expectations and concerns of consumers.
Young people are encouraged to participate as the youth voice is especially important to Benalla Health