Sexual health clinic opens
The Meryula Clinic is a free and confidential sexual and reproductive health service that offers clients a safe setting in which to discuss sexual health concerns and receive specialist sexual and reproductive health care.
Meryula Clinic, which opened in March 2019, provides information, support, clinical services and appropriate specialist referral for issues surrounding:
- Sexually transmitted infections, including screening and treatment
- Contraception, including Implanon insertion
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Unplanned pregnancy counselling and referral
- Cervical screening (Pap smears)
- Genital pain and discomfort
- Sex work certificates
- Blood Borne Virus screening, counselling and referral
- Hepatitis C treatment
- HIV PrEP
- Contact Tracing
- Referral to specialist services
What is the cost to attend Meryula Clinic?
- Under 18 years – Free / Medicare Bulk Billed
- 18+ years - Medicare Bulk Billed
- Pathology – Medicare Bulk Billed
- Pharmacy – small charge
Meryula runs every second Friday from 9am to 4pm. The clinic is located in the Community Rehabilitation Centre Building at Benalla Health on Samaria Road opposite BPACC. Bookings are essential and can be made by phoning 03 5761 4500.