Chronic and complex health conditions
Chronic and complex care is for people who:
- Are often unwell and are admitted to hospital or at risk of going to hospital.
- Have long-term health conditions.
- Need help to better understand and manage their health conditions.
- Need health care services in their own home.
- Need help to connect to other services in the community.
- Are a Benalla Rural City resident.
The services that you receive will depend upon:
- Why you have been in hospital.
- Your recovery needs.
How can chronic and complex care help you?
- Connect you to longer term supports (if needed).
- Confidence to ask your doctor questions.
- To feel supported and that you are not alone.
- Learn how to manage your health conditions and medications.
- Confidence to get back to doing your day to day activities.
- You will be connected to a Care Coordinator to help your journey through our program.
The team includes:
- Care Coordinator
- Heart Nurse
- Lung Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- High Risk Foot Clinic (Podiatrist and Nurse)
- Speech Pathologist
- Quit Smoking Educator (if needed)
- Allied Health Assistant
All referrals via Intake Worker on (03) 5761 4500
Up to 12 months (if needed)
- In your own home (whenever possible)
- Community Rehabilitation Centre
Who to contact:
Benalla Community Care Reception, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Phone: (03) 5761 4500
Fax: (03) 5761 4502
How much will it cost?
It is a free service, however this does not cover the cost of any services already in place or any new community supports you may need.