Falls and Balance Exercise Group
The group is for people who:
- Have experienced a fall or at risk of falls.
- Do not feel confident with their own balance.
- Feel comfortable exercising in a small group.
- Need exercises to help improve balance, strength and flexibility.
You will be helped by a:
- Allied Health Assistant
How can Falls and Balance Exercise Group help you?
- The exercise program is set for individual (personal) needs.
- You will be connected to a Care Coordinator to help your journey through our program.
- You will be able to get back to doing your day to day activities.
- Education, advice and support.
- Each person receives their own personal exercise program, and is encouraged to keep this up at home.
Please take your pain relief mediation at least one hour before the group starts.
How much will it cost?
It is a free service, however this does not cover the cost of any services already in place or any new community supports you may need.
All referrals are via the intake worker on (03) 5761 4500.
Benalla Health, Community Rehabilitation Centre, Samaria Road, Benalla
- Every Thursday for eight weeks
- A physiotherapist will give you a start date and time
What to bring:
- Your walking aid (if required)
- Wear flat enclosed shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Support person welcome