DISTRICT NURSE - GRADE 2 OR 3
Position Status: Permanent Hours Available
Classification: RN G2 Dist Nurse (YQ1-YF6) - RN G3A Dist Nurse (YU1-YU2)
Benalla Health are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced District Nurses to work in our Home Nursing Team.
The District Nurse is involved in the provision of expert nursing care to allocated clients, advocating for clients providing health education, promoting health, assisting clients with goal achievement and working with other health care providers to ensure coordinated care for clients.
The Successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in Acute Nursing
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications or prepared to work towards and obtain same
- Experience in management of Wounds, Negative pressure wound therapy, Diabetes, Central Venous Access Devices, insertion of male and suprapubic Catheters, Stoma care, use of Doppler and Visitrak
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Chronic Disease client self-management, Health Behaviour Change, Client led Goal directed care planning, person centred care and ability to work within an Active Service Model framework
- Demonstrated ability to use electronic communication, software systems and relevant hardware
- Demonstrated well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clear decision making processes
- Possess knowledge of relevant standards, including Home and Community Care (HACC) Community Care Common Standards, Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) Guidelines for the provision of community nursing standards, National Standards
Benalla Health offers a working environment that encourages professional development and embraces the concept of work/life balance, whilst striving for excellence.
Successful applicants will have undergone a National Police Records Check and Working with Children's Check for pre-employment safety screening purposes.
For more information regarding the role contact, Jo O'Brien, Acting Home Nursing Nurse Unit Manager on 5761 4257.
Benalla Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to Child Safety. This includes establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
Please forward your application including a cover letter, resume, Key Selection Criteria address and the completed Benalla Health "Application for Employment" form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must complete the Benalla Health Application for Employment form, address the Key Selection Criteria and have read the Benalla Health Values Brochure.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Suitable Applicants will be interviewed upon Application.
See below for the currrent positions available at Benalla Health. Can't find what you're looking for? Apply for Job Alerts here.