Registered Nurse Graduate Program
Benalla Health’s Graduate Nurse Program is a unique and exciting program designed to expose first year Registered Nurses to a diverse range of clinical experiences.
From 2024, our Registered Nurse / Midwife Graduates are offered permanent employment. We will help you manage your career from student nurse to Registered Nurse.
This increased contract offer, is aimed to:
- Decrease Graduate’s anxiety around permanent employment
- Increase Graduate’s skills and knowledge with further rotations in a supported position
- Increase Graduate’s employability with additional rotations and exposure to more Departments
- Assist Graduates to find their passion and area of interest in Nursing
- Access to further Professional Development such as ACT Now (Deteriorating and Escalation); Advanced Life Support and ECG interpretation)
Benalla Health is apart of the Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program. The Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program (CHGNP) is a collaboration between Benalla Health, Northeast Health Wangaratta, Mansfield District Hospital, Tallangatta Health, Yarrawonga Health and Cooinda Village.
The CHGNP provides a supportive environment for the consolidation and further development of knowledge and skills. Our priority is the development of well-rounded nurses, who think critically, use reflective nursing and problem solving techniques. Our Graduates will collect of a wide range of skills from across different areas in healthcare and develop a solid grounding for their healthcare careers.
As a part of the CHGNP collaboration, our Graduate Nurse Program offers an ongoing professional development program aimed at assisting early graduates to transition to the workplace. The professional development program includes a pre-employment skills workshop as part of our orientation process, as well as a comprehensive study day program targeting the core goals of the program.
The Professional Development Program offers workshops in the following areas:
- Transition to Practice
- Wound and Stoma Care
- The Deteriorating Patient
- Nursing Essentials
- Mental Health
- Leadership, Communication and Teamwork
- Participation in Central Hume Employment Readiness Program
In addition to these Professional Development days, Graduate’s can apply to attend up to another 2 additional relevant Study Days in the hume region supported with paid study leave.
Graduates participate in two to four rotations across our clinical service areas. Effort is made to match graduates according to individual preference and capability with the different rotation options.
Rotations at Benalla Health include the following clinical areas:
- Aged care
- Acute ward
- Day Procedure
- Urgent Care Centre
- District nursing
Dual Degree Nursing/Midwifery:
Dual Degree Graduates rotate between our Acute Ward and Midwifery Ward. During their Midwifery Rotation, Graduates are supported by the Midwifery Coordinator.
Dual Degree Nursing/Paramedicine:
Dual Degree Graduates rotate into our Urgent Care Centre and another Department based on their goals/objectives.
Applying for a Registered Nurse Graduate Position
Eligible applicants are required to ‘create an account’ and then ‘apply’ to the PMCV Match when it opens on June 5th 2023. In addition to this application on PMCV, applicants must also submit an application to Benalla Health.
Forward all applications to:
- Education and Research Unit to PO Box 406, BENALLA, VIC, 3672
- via email to: email@example.com
Application letters should be addressed to Stephanie Johnson, Graduate Coordinator.
- Letter of application
- Completed Benalla Health Application for Employment Form (click HERE to download)
- Resume- including placement history
- Most recent academic transcript with results legend
- Passport-sized photograph
- Two most recent full clinical placement reports - must be inclusive of interim and final reports
Applications for our 2024 Graduate Nurse Program are open from Monday 5th June to Friday 7th July.
In addition to the PMCV Allocation and Placement Service Interview, Benalla Health will also be holding face to face group interviews with our Collaborative- Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program across August 14-16th 2023.
For further information contact:
Performance Improvement Team
Phone: 03 5761 4310