Our local doctors, communities and hospital want you!
General Practitioners (GP) or GP Trainees
Come join our practices with supportive multidisciplinary team, opportunities to network and practice in variety of scopes of practices in neighbouring hospitals.
Position type: Part or full time.
Closes: Feb 2023.
Benalla is a rural city with estimated population of 14,131, with Benalla Health being main employer in the area. The catchment area of Benalla Health includes numerous adjoining small rural and remote towns, spanning 2553 km2 and approximately 20,000 people.
Benalla Health appoints approximately 70 medical practitioners as Visiting Medical Officers – 34 specialist consultants, 26 General Practitioners/Registrars, and 10 dentists/dental therapists. They collective practice in 30 varieties of specialties and scope of practices, servicing the community’s needs for outpatients, primary care, urgent care, inpatient, residential aged care, maternity, surgery, nursing and allied health.
Supported by cohesive group of clinicians within Benalla Health and neighbouring health services, we invite you to consider practicing in Northeast region of Victoria, and enjoy the work-life balance on offer. Some key statistics:
- 24 hours, 7 days a week Midwife, Registered Nurse coverage on-site
- 24 hours, 7 days a week GP On-call and local coverage (accommodation available for on-call)
- Local GP Anaesthetics, GP Obstetrics availability
- Close network of support from neighbouring hospitals
- Regular peer reviews with independent experts in areas of Urgent care, Physician, Anaesthetics, and Obstetrics
- Training of GP, GP-Obstetrics, GP-Anaesthetics, GP Proceduralist, Rural Generalist, Ophthalmology, Urology, Interns, HMOs
- 2 operating theatres, 3 fully contained birthing suites, 6 urgent care beds, 40 inpatient beds
- Onsite radiology, pathology, allied health services
Candidates with the following background are encouraged to get in touch:
- Current AHPRA Registration and recency of practice
- Fellowship or currently enrolled in training for Fellowship with RACGP or ACRRM
- Ability to work in Australia
For more information regarding GP Practices;