The following are required to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the commencement of placement:
- Evidence of immunisation including a completed Student Health Screening form. (More information is available from the Health and Wellbeing page)
- COVID Digital Certificate (3 doses required)
- Student to Benalla Form
- Australina Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Check
- Orientation Checklist
- FIT Testing Certificate
If unable to provide any of the above, please contact the Education Team as soon as possible on 57614 310 or email@example.com
All students will be required to complete a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on arrival on their first day, and then every 72 hours throughout their Placement.
We ask that any student who feels unwell contact the Education Team on 57614 310 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending placement.
Orientation Checklist for Students
It is a requirement of Benalla Health that you review the topics and complete this online orientation package. Please ensure that you have read and understood them and then complete this checklist. Tick the boxes to indicate the areas/policy documents you have read and understood. By completeing this checklist you are agreeing to comply with the policies and requirements of each area.
Students are expected to bring all the relevant completed paperwork stated in this on-line orientation process and bring it to the Michael Long Education Centre on their first day. Swipe cards will be issued to students during orientation, this enables access to hospital areas, a $10 swipe card bond is payable on your first day.
Students who present without all requrested paperwork will be unable to commence placement.
Australian Criminal History Check
Students are required to have a valid Australian nationally coordinated criminal history check at all times while on placement.
An Australian nationally coordinated crimanl history check may be issued by the Australian Federal Police, a state or territory police agency or an organisation appropriately accredited by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission and is valid if:
- Issued within the past twelve months.
- The check has a stated purpose encompassing supervised access to vulnerable people.
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission - National Police Checking Service https://www.acic.gov.au/our-services/national-police-checking-service
Overseas Criminal History Check
Students are required to provide evidence of their overseas criminal history if they have, after the age of 16:
- Been a citizen or permanent resident of any country other than Australia; or
- Resided continuously in any single country other than Australia for 12 months or more.
The following documentation will be accepted as evidence:
- Nation-wide check of criminal history produced by the relevant national authority )if in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by a certified English translation); or
- International Criminal History Check issued by an AHPRA approved supplier; or
- If it is not possible to obtain the docuemtnation referred to above without unreasonable cost or delay or if the Police Certificate Guidelines otherwise permit, aCommonwealth Statutory Declaration swan by the student that states either:
- The student is not, in any country, currently under investigation, charged with or have been found guilty of a criminal offence; or
- Details of any current investigation, charges or guilty findings.
AHPRA – International criminal history checks
Commonwealth statutory declarations www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Statutory-declarations
Working with Children Check
All students aged 18 years or older are required to maintain a valid Working with Chirdren Check (WWCC).
Interstate Students do not need a Victorian WWCC if they are working with children in Victora for a period of no more than 30 days and hold a valid WWCC in another Australian state or territory during that period.
Victorian Department of Justice and Community Safety - Working with Children Check www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au