The Benalla Health Fever Clinic is open from Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 6pm and Saturday and Sunday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. It is located outside the Urgent Care Centre.
We encourage people to book for a test prior to coming to the fever clinic, which will help reduce waiting times. This can be done by phoning for an appointment on (03) 5761 4284.
You are also asked to register before your COVID-19 test by going to the QR code below. This will make information collection faster.
This QR code will direct you to a Testing registration site to fill in an online form before your COVID-19 test. Once you have filled in the form, you will get a unique registration number, which can be used by authorised staff at the testing site to access your information securely. This will improve the testing experience.
The details you provide will be available when you arrive at any COVID-19 testing site that uses the testing registration form for 90 days. Registration is available to anyone who is 18 years or older and has an Australian mobile phone number.
Visit the Testing registration page to fill in the online form.
- For further information on visiting Benalla Health during the COVID pandemic, click here
- For details on the special restrictions for entry, click here
COVID-19 vaccines will be free for everyone living in Australia. You will not need a prescription from a GP to get vaccinated.
Using the Eligibility Checker, you can find out which phase of the rollout you are in.
If you are eligible, you will be able to view vaccination locations and book an appointment.
If you are not yet eligible, you will be able to register your interest so that you can be notified when you are able to book.
In Benalla you can be vaccinated at:
- Carrier Street Clinic - 5762 2033
- Church Street Surgery - 5762 1022
For more details on where you can get vaccinated in Benalla and Wangaratta, click here
GV Health Shepparton also has a COVID-19 Vaccine Hub at the McIntosh Centre, Shepparton Showgrounds, Corner Thompson & High St, Shepparton, 3630. You must book an appointment to receive the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination by:
- Calling the Victorian Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
- Going online at https://cvms.powerappsportals.com
Update on AstraZeneca (17 June 2021)
- ATAGI has provided updated advice on the AstraZeneca vaccine, with Pfizer now the preferred vaccine for anyone under 60 years of age.
- It is strongly recommended those under 60 who have received one dose of AstraZeneca receive their second dose of that same vaccine.