Who we are
The Benalla Community Care – Ray Sweeney Centre is a partnership between Benalla Health and the Benalla Rural City Council.
The shared facility provides a hub for community based services provided by Benalla Health and Benalla Council as well as other visiting agencies and services.
Healthy Communities is a division of Benalla Health and provides the following services:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- High Risk Foot Clinic
- Community Health Nurse
- Diabetes Education
- Social Work/Counselling
- Chronic Disease Management
- Health Independence Program
- Sub-Acute Ambulatory Care Program (SACS)
- Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP)
- Hospital In The Home (HITH)
- Post-Acute Care (PAC)
- Health promotion
- Central Hume Dental service
Community Services is a department of the Benalla Rural City Council and provides the following services:
- Aged care services (Home and Community Care)
- Family services
- Maternal and Child Health service
- Child support
- Family liaison
To make an enquiry or book an appointment please phone 03 5761 4500 or call in to 45 Coster Street, Benalla.
The Community Care Centre is also home to the Central Hume Dental Service and is managed in partnership with Northeast Health Wangaratta.
For appointments or enquiries please call 03 5761 2201
Other Visiting Services include:
- Family Violence Support - Centre Against Violence
- Drug and Alcohol counselling - Gateway Health
- Mental health services - Albury Wodonga Health
- Hume Riverina Legal Services
- Breast Care Nurse - McGrath Foundation
- Audiology - Hearing Australia
- Dental Technician
- Financial Counselling - Upper Murray Family Care
Fees and charges
The Victorian Government Community Health fees policy applies to most of our services.
Your health provider will discuss any fees and charges that apply to your care.
If you have a Pension or Health Care Card please bring your details with you to your appointment.
If you have any concerns with payment please discuss further with your health provider.
For more information or to book an appointment for Benalla Health services please call us or drop in to our Centre which is open weekdays 8.30am to 5pm. Phone (03) 5761 4500, email BenallaCommunityCare@benallahealth.org.au or visit us at 45 Coster Street, Benalla.