Working for us
Opportunities for employment are posted on our website as vacancies become available.
We ask that you do not forward an expression of interest for employment unless a vacancy exists. However, we welcome and encourage registration with our SMS Job Alert system. Enter your details on the Job Alert tab under Careers and indicate your area of interest for employment, your full name, address, mobile phone number and preferred email contact.
When a vacancy arises in your area of interest an SMS alert will prompt you a vacancy is available and you should contact the HR Department on (03) 5761 4368, or email email@example.com to obtain the application kit.
The advantages of being a Benalla Health employee
The health service is set in picturesque surroundings, with spacious court yards, free staff car parking, lunch/dinner orders are of high quality at very low prices and our working environment is a positive one. New employees have been attracted to our health service by our location, reputation and working conditions. Staff show pride in our organisation and deliver what we believe is best practice in the provision of service and advice.
There is trust and respect amongst the team and we recognise milestones. Together we celebrate our achievements annually at the Annual General Meeting. This event is dedicated to showcasing accomplishments, recognising staff service achievements and enjoying one another’s company in a fun and relaxed environment.
We are focused on being recognised as a learning facility with an environment that offers opportunity for employees to access education and encourages ongoing development.
In summary we offer:
- A learning environment with opportunity to further develop
- Access to professional supervision
- A happy, friendly and productive team environment
- Modern equipment and technology
- Access to work-life balance initiatives
- A commitment to flexible work arrangements (service delivery permitting)
- Public sector salary packaging (access to a meals and entertainment card, novated leases, packaging of FBT exempt items up to $9098 of salary and remote area housing initiatives (for eligible employees)
- ADO or RDO for full-time staff
At Benalla Health, we like to provide as much information as possible to our employees when they commence. We are in the process of developing fact sheets and videos about our facilities. Please see below information which will help you with knowing more about why Benalla Health is an employer of choice.
- What to expect working for our organisation - Midwifery service
- What to expect working for our organisation - Acute service
- What to expect working for our organisation - Theatre service
- What to expect working for our organisation - UCC service
- What to expect working for our organisation - Aged care service
- What to expect working for our organisation - Physiotherapy service
- Staff Accommodation
- Why Benalla is a great place to live
Code of Conduct
The Board of Management at Benalla Health is committed to building a positive workplace culture. To assist with building this culture, Benalla Health has created its own Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct is based on Benalla Health’s values of:
The reason Benalla Health has a Code of Conduct is so there can be no doubts about the standards of ethical and professional conduct that is required of everyone working at the organisation. Thecode is designed to help staff understand their responsibilities and obligations and is tailored to support the application of the Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees, 2007.
Please click here to access a copy of the Code of Conduct below:
The purpose of Benalla Health is to facilitate a healthy and resilient community through the provision of integrated, lifelong healthcare services. We want to be known as an organisation that sets the highest healthcare standards because we believe this is what our community deserves.