As an applicant, it is essential that you address the requirements of the position for which you are applying. It is your responsibility to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements. The use of a range of selection techniques (e.g. resume, interview, reference checks) will provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your merit for the position. Consistent with this organisation’s firm commitment to ensuring that selection decisions are merit-based, the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity will be observed in the selection process.
How to complete your application
- Complete the Application for Employment Form
- Submit a letter expressing which position you wish to apply for making sure you address the Key Selection Criteria (Refer to the relevant Position Description)
- Attach a current Resume including the details of at least 3 professional referees
- Attach copies of:
- All relevant and appropriate qualifications and registration documentation.
(Do not attach originals, these will be viewed at interview, where applicable)
- Proof of Citizenship – Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, Visa if appropriate
- Driver’s Licence
- Current and satisfactory Police Check
- Current and satisfactory Employee Working with Children Check.
The role of the selection
A Committee will undertake the selection process. The Selection Committee will be convened with care to ensure that it has the necessary expertise to make a sound decision in a fair and impartial way. Collectively, the Committee will have an understanding of the vacancy and its role and will be responsible for the final selection decision.
How your Suitability will be Assessed:
A number of separate selection techniques may be used to gather information in regard to your suitability so that a proper and thorough assessment is assured.
These sources include:
- Your application
- Referee reports
- If successful for an interview you will be contacted by phone and a letter confirming the arrangements will be sent to you.
- The interview will be constructed so that each applicant will be asked a series of questions based upon the position description. This will allow applicants to present their case in the best manner possible.
- All applicants interviewed will be contacted by telephone to indicate the outcome, and a letter confirming the outcome will be forwarded.
- Applicants not selected for interview will receive written notification.
All recruitment documentation, including your application, is retained in a secure and confidential location. If you wish to retrieve your application, please contact Human Resources on (03) 5761 4368.
At any stage of the recruitment and selection process (up until 4 weeks post notification of the Selection Committee’s decision), if you have a grievance or believe you have been unfairly treated, please contact the Operational Director - Human Resources to lodge your complaint.
POST SELECTION FEEDBACK - is available to applicants upon request.
LATE APPLICATIONS - will not be considered.
NOTIFICATION - You will be notified in writing of the outcome of your application.