About our midwifery services
For details about current visiting hours during the COVID-19 pandemic, click here.
For information about our Infant Screening Hearing Program, click here
Benalla Health Maternity unit is a small regional service with a passion for providing supportive, personalised care for you and your growing family. Whether it is your first pregnancy or you are growing your family further we would love you to consider the wonderful facilities we have to offer.
Benalla health hosts care from early pregnancy through labour and birth as well as caring for you in the days and weeks post birth. We run a free public GP obstetrician clinic as well as a Midwifery clinic and shared care arrangements with some of the local GP’s in the region.
You can be referred by your local doctor or you can register with us when you know you are pregnant and we can help you navigate the rest of your pregnancy journey.
Benalla Health supports the World Health Organisation and UNICEF International Guidelines on Breastfeeding and as such will educate you on the positive outcome of breastfeeding for you and your baby, whilst supporting any of your feeding choices post birth.
Other features of the service are:
- Skilled caring midwives
- Antenatal clinic where no fees apply
- Domiciliary service
- Breast feeding support service staff by lactation consultant
- Antenatal classes
- Well equiped birthing suites
- Beautifully furnished family friendly accommodation
- Relaxed supportive working relationships with GP obstetricians and midwives
- Strong relationships with Maternal and Child Health Service
- Labour in water available
- Vaginal birth after caesarean section available in consultation with medical staff
- Capacity for emergency and planned caesarean section.
Benalla Maternity works closely with Northeast Health Wangaratta Maternity services to support women and babies with increased specialty needs.
Maternity Services enquiry
This contact form is for enquiries and feedback only.
Please do not use this form to make or cancel appointments, request personal information, or for personal medical or clinical issues.