About our midwifery services
Antenatal classes and a booking-in program are offered to expectant women and their partners to assist in the preparation for delivery.
General practitioner obstetricians work closely with our midwives, supported by a specialist obstetrician.
Benalla Health is proudly “Baby Friendly” accredited and as such supports the World Health Organisation and UNICEF International Guidelines. Other features of the service are:
- Choice in model of care
- Skilled caring midwives
- Antenatal clinic where no fees apply
- Domiciliary service
- Breast feeding support service staff by lactation consultant
- Antenatal classes
- Well equipped birthing suites
- Beautifully furnished accommodation
- Relaxed supportive working relationships with GP obstetricians and midwives
- Strong relationships with with Maternal and Child Health Service
- Labour in water available
- Vaginal birth after caesarean section available in consultation with medical staff
- Capacity for caesarean section if required
Visiting hours are relaxed, however visitors are requested to observe the 1pm to 3pm rest period.