Our approach to procurement is as follows:
"All planned procurement activities are subject to revision or cancellation. The information in this Procurement Activity Plan is provided for planning purposes only and it does not present a solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment by Benalla Health to purchase the described goods or services. There is no obligation to respond to or return any unsolicited bids received.”
A current Procurement Plan can be downloaded below.
Supplier complaints procedures
Benalla Health aims to ensure that all procurement activities are conducted according to procedure in an open and fair manner, represent value for money and occur without bias, favour or prejudice.
All staff involved in procurement activities are governed by Benalla Health's Procurement Policy, Corporate Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct to ensure fairness in our dealings with suppliers.
Feedback is valued by Benalla Health as it helps improve policies, procedures, systems and service delivery.
If you feel that you have not been treated fairly in relation to a procurement activity undertaken by Benalla Health, it is recommended that in the first instance, you attempt to resolve the issue through direct dialogue with the Benalla Health staff member responsible for the activity.
If the issue cannot be resolved through dialogue, you can lodge a formal complaint which must be submitted in writing to the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO);
- By Letter to Chief Procurement Officer, Benalla Health, PO Box 406, Benalla 3671
- By e-mail to ‘email@example.com; or
- By Fax to (03) 5761 4246
The written complaint must set out:
- The basis for the complaint (specifying the issues involved);
- How the circumstances relating to the complaint (and the specific issues) affect you or your organisation;
- Any relevant background information; and
- The expected corrective outcome.
There is no financial charge for making a procurement complaint. All complaints will be treated as confidential and there will be no adverse repercussions for a complainant.
The CPO will allocate the complaint to an authorised staff member to investigate the complaint or to any other authorised staff member as deemed necessary. The CPO will ensure that any complaints received relating to a particular staff member are not investigated or responded to by that individual.
All complaints will be dealt with in a timely manner:
- Formal complaints will be acknowledged within three (3) working days;
- In the majority of cases, investigation(s) are to be completed within seven (7) working days; and
- If the investigation is anticipated to take longer than seven (7) working days, you will be notified of the likely response date.
The investigating officer may throughout the course of their investigation, be required to meet or make contact with you to either clarify any issues of seek further information.
Once the investigation is complete any corrective action required will be brought to the attention of Executive Management where appropriate action (s) will be undertaken to prevent future occurrences which may result in similar complaints.
Upon completion of the investigation and in consultation with the CPO, you will be notified of the outcome in writing.
If the complaint cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties, Benalla Health will notify Health Purchasing Victoria (HPV) within five working days that the complaint could not be resolved and will advise you tha the matter can be referred to the Board of Health Purchasing Victoria (HPV) for their review at the following address;
Health Purchasing Victoria
Level 34, 2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
- You are required to provide the following documentation to HPV:
- You have 10 days from the date of receipt of notification of the findings by Benalla Health to lodge your complaint with HPV; and
- Evidence that Benalla Health did not correctly apply HPV Health Purchasing Policies in relation to a procurement activity;
- Evidence that Benalla Health's complaints management procedures were not applied correctly; and
- A copy of all relevant correspondence between you and Benalla Health in relation to the nature of the complaint.