Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program
Benalla Health’s Graduate Nurse Program is a unique and exciting program designed to expose first year Registered Nurses to a diverse range of clinical experiences. We aim to ensure our graduates are able to effectively manage the responsibilities and routine contingencies of clinical nursing in a safe, timely and professional manner.
The Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program (CHGNP) is a collaboration between, Benalla Health, Northeast Health Wangaratta, Mansfield District Hospital, Tallangatta Health, Yarrawonga Health and Cooinda Village.
The CHGNP offers an ongoing professional development program aimed at assisting early graduates to transition to the workplace. The professional development program includes a pre-employment skills workshop as part of our orientation process, as well as a comprehensive study day program targeting the core goals of the program.
The CHGNP goals are:
- Demonstration of systematic clinical assessment and decision making skills, necessary for safe effective care of the acutely ill patient and the critically ill patient
- To practise collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team in a culturally safe manner, valuing ethical behaviour and connecting across boundaries
- Developing confidence in clinical communication
- Demonstration of a comprehensive knowledge of the rationales, effects and implications of therapeutic interventions relevant to care of the critically ill patient
- Evaluation of your own communication practice and leadership using reflective and critical thinking processes
Graduates participate in two to four rotations across our clinical service areas. Effort is made to match graduates according to individual preference and capability with the different rotation options.
Rotations are available to support double degree nursing graduates, in particularly those that have completed a Bachelor of Nursing/Paramedicine. Rotations at Benalla Health include the following clinical areas:
- Aged Care
- General Medical/Surgical Acute ward
- Day Procedure
- Urgent Care Centre
- District Nursing
APPLYING FOR A GRADUATE NURSE POSITION
To apply for a Graduate Nurse position at Benalla Health, graduates must be eligible and meet the essential criteria for PMCV computer match http://www.computermatching.pmcv.com.au/
- Letter of application
- Completed Benalla Health Application for Empoyment Form (click HERE to download)
- CV, including placcement history and 2 professional / clinical referees (please include their work email addresses)
- Certified copy of academic transcript with results legend
- Passport sized photograph
- Two most recent acute (not Aged Care) clinical placement reports
- current Police and Working with Children checks to be presented at interview. Along with current immunisation record.
Please send these to the Education and Research Unit t the postal address listed below.
All application letters should be addressed to Dr. Sue Wilson, Education and Research Manager.
Closing date for applications Friday 21st July 2017
For further information Contact:
Clinical Nurse Educator
Address: 45-53 Coster Street, BENALLA, VIC., 3672
Postal Address: PO Box 406, BENALLA, VIC., 3672