Benalla Health Education & Research Unit
Supporting staff education is a priority
There is a strong focus on education at Benalla Health.
This is important to ensure the provision of high-quality, safe care for patients, clients and residents.
Education supports staff to keep their practice up to date and to achieve their professional development goals, helping to make Benalla Health an organisation where healthcare professionals want to come and work.
Below is a snapshot of the training sessions, courses, study days and study leave provided this year at Benalla Health:
- Orientation program for all new staff members
- Annual mandatory updates - some of the topics included are advanced and basic life support for all nursing staff, drug calculations and medication competence, no-lift practices, infection control procedures, emergency response and fire safety training
- Graduate nurse program
- Advanced Diploma in Management
- First line emergency care (FLEC) for rural nurses
- Participation in Hume Region nurses education program.