All staff, students and volunteers at Benalla Health must behave in accordance with the Code of Behaviour. As a student you are expected to be aware of this code and abide by it whilst on placement.
As a student it is important to consider the following attributes that work towards making your placement successful:
- Remember to treat your placement like a real job.
- Clearly wear your Student Identification badge.
- Uniform is your university or TAFE uniform
- Seek permission from the patient/carers or the responsible staff before proceeding with an intervention.
- When introducing yourself, state you are in a student role.
- Be aware of and maintain appropriate conduct as given by Nurses code of conduct and Midwife code of conduct. The Codes of conduct set out the legal requirements, professional behaviour and conduct expectations for midwives and nurses in all Australian practice settings.