The Morrie Evans Wing (MEW) is a Commonwealth-funded residential aged care facility which was officially opened on 11 June 1978.
Morrie Evans Wing is a special place where compassion and personalised care is a feature. We are proud to be a leading provider of residential aged care in North East Victoria.
Our home is suitable for looking after residents with high care health needs and persons living with dementia.
Recent works to improve amenities have enhanced residents’ privacy and dignity. These amenities include creating more intimate spaces as well as the addition of ensuites. The official opening of these facilities was held on 30 January 2020 by the Hon Jaclyn Symes.
The new facilities include:
- Modern renovated, spacious room with private ensuite for a sole occupant.
- Quality fixtures and fittings throughout.
- TV connection and access to the internet.
- There is 18sq m of space (excluding the ensuite) with ample built-in storage and extra room for a resident’s own personal touch.
- Modern spacious ensuite for easy manoeuvrability to assist with care needs.
In the Morrie Evans Wing, we engage our residents in a wide range of activities and social events.
We employ lifestyle staff, whilst also encouraging family members and volunteers to become involved. In addition, organised day-trips and outings around Benalla allow our residents to be connected with the local community.
Cultural and special events are celebrated throughout the year and include residents' birthdays and public holidays.
Activities may include:
- Dance exercises
- Pet therapy
- Church sessions
- Cards, bingo & other games
- Staff/resident/ relative meetings, held monthly
- Exercise groups and 1:1 Physiotherapy
- Music therapy, including piano, sing-alongs, performances, etc.
- Carpet bowls
- Many more activities organised by staff & volunteer groups
The Australian Government pays for the bulk of aged care services in Australia through subsidies paid directly to aged care providers. Consumers are required to contribute to costs where they are financially able to do so.
There are three main fees applicable to residents of Aged Care:
Fees and Charges
Rate as of September 20th 2023
Basic Daily Care Fee
This fee is set by the Australian Government and is the equivalent of 85% of the single Aged Pension.
$60.86 per day
Accommodation Payment –
Option 1 Refundable Accommodation Payment (RAD)
A one-off lump sum that is fully refundable on departure from Morrie Evans Wing.
Accommodation Payment –
Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP)
A daily payment in lieu of the lump sum deposit, calculated at the maximum permissible interest rate (MPIR) set by the Australian Government.
$111.64 per day
Means Tested Care Fee
Based on an income and assets assessment conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services.
As determined by the Government.
We recommend that you seek independent financial advice in the completion of this documentation.
My Aged Care Website: Morrie Evans Wing