Vaccination program extended
18 May 2021
Victorians aged under 50 in a number of priority groups are now able to receive the Pfizer vaccine at the GV Health vaccine hub at the McIntosh Centre in Shepparton, and at Kilmore District Health COVID-19 vaccine site at the Outpatients Building.
The priority groups aged under 50 and eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine include:
- Critical and high-risk workers – such as emergency services workers, Australian Defence Force personnel and licenced meat and seafood processing workers
- Adults with specified underlying health conditions, or severe mental health conditions
- All disability care (residential, in-home and community) workers, and volunteers
- Paid and unpaid carers of people who are in a residential aged care facility or disability accommodation, over 70 years, have a disability, or who have specified underlying medical conditions
This is in addition to healthcare and aged care workers and others who are already eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine if they are under 50 years as part of the priority 1a and 1b COVID-19 vaccination cohorts.
People who are under 50 years old eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine currently must make a booking. Bookings can be made by calling 1800 675 398 (select 1-1-1). Proof of eligibility will also be required, including one of the following pieces of documentation:
- Proof of occupation (ID card, letter from employer)
- Carers documentation (such as proof of a carer payment)
- Concession card (carer)
- Volunteer documentation (such as letter from employer/ centre-based support provider)
- For people with underlying medical conditions and their carers, a medical certificate from your GP or specialist
- Or if the above is not available, individuals may complete the Eligibility Declaration Form
GV Health continues to vaccinate all people aged 50 years and over with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine at GV Health vaccine hubs.