Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program
The Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program (CHGNP) is a collaboration between Benalla Health, Northeast Health Wangaratta, Mansfield District Hospital, Tallangatta Health, Yarrawonga Health and Cooinda Village.
The CHGNP offers an ongoing professional development program aimed at assisting early graduates to transition to the workplace. The professional development program includes a pre-employment skills workshop as part of our orientation process, as well as a comprehensive study day program targeting the core goals of the program.
Benalla Health’s Graduate Nurse Program is a unique and exciting program designed to expose first year Registered Nurses to a diverse range of clinical experiences. We aim to ensure our graduates are able to effectively manage the responsibilities and routine contingencies of clinical nursing in a safe, timely and professional manner.
The CHGNP goals are:
- Demonstration of systematic clinical assessment and decision making skills, necessary for safe effective care of the acutely ill patient and the critically ill patient
- To practise collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team in a culturally safe manner, valuing ethical behaviour and connecting across boundaries
- Developing confidence in clinical communication
- Demonstration of a comprehensive knowledge of the rationales, effects and implications of therapeutic interventions relevant to care of the critically ill patient
- Evaluation of your own communication practice and leadership using reflective and critical thinking processes
Graduates participate in two rotations across our clinical service areas. Effort is made to match graduates according to individual preference and capability with the different rotation options.
Rotations are available to support double degree nursing graduates, in particularly those that have completed a Bachelor of Nursing/Paramedicine. Rotations at Benalla Health include the following clinical areas:
- Aged care
- General medical/aurgical acute ward
- Day Procedure
- Urgent Care Centre
- District nursing
Applying for a graduate nurse position
- Letter of application
- Completed Benalla Health Application for Employment Form (click HERE to download)
- CV, including placement history and two health professional/clinical referees (please include their work email addresses) i.e. clinical placement facilitator, manager from current healthcare related workplace (if relevant)
- Most recent academic transcript with results legend
- Passport-sized photograph
- Two most recent acute (not Aged Care) full clinical placement reports - must be inclusive of interim and final reports & may include 2nd or 3rd year reports (aged care, mental health and community placement reports will NOT be accepted)
Please send these to the Education and Research Unit to the postal address listed below.
All application letters should be addressed to Stephanie Johnson, Education and Research Manager.
Applications for our 2021 Graduate Nurse Program open from 13 July to 5 August.
If you are interested in our graduate nurse program, watch the testimonials below to find out more:
For further information contact:
Stephanie Johnson, Clinical Nurse Educator, Graduate Programs Coordinator
Phone: 03 5761 4378
Fax: 03 5760 2246
Address: 45-63 Coster Street, BENALLA, VIC, 3672
Postal Address: PO Box 406, BENALLA, VIC, 3672